Followers

Monday, September 10, 2012

EDLD 5326- School and Community Relations

On Sunday, September 9th, at 6pm, I was a member of Dr. Kay Abernathy and Dr. Steve Jenkin’s Web Conference.  I have worked with both of them in the past during my previous classes.  The web conferences, even though sometimes difficult to attend, are always very beneficial.  There are always questions that are answered for your peers and it gives time to ask questions for the current class and internship as whole.  There are going to be over 100pts in this class with only 15pts being from the midterm.  There will be an ILD training that is given through Lamar online.  This certification is required by many districts to apply for an Athletic Director or Assistant Principal position.  I was also worried about the carryover from my last position to now and how that affects the internship process.  Many people are in similar positions and our concerns were all addressed.  Lamar also offers an online doctoral program that has the same sequence as the masters program.  Each class is 5 weeks and there are no requirements for number of years in administration.  I actually met another RISD employee last week that was going completing the Lamar doctoral program.  There were also many small concerns in regards to midterm and the final exam that were address.  I left the meeting feeling much better about the class on my progress on my internship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment